ACSS Delegates will become Australia’s future national security leaders. Of the 350 applications we received, 70 students from around the country were chosen as ACSS 2020 Delegates. These students were chosen for their leadership potential, their passion for foreign and defence policy and their resolve to make a significant contribution toward securing Australia’s strategic interests.
The ACSS 2020 Delegate Demographic:
- Hailed from every State and Territory around Australia;
- Studied a variety of degrees – including Law, International Studies, Engineering, Computer Science, Languages, Politics, Economics and Media;
- Studied at over 20 different Australian Universities;
- 50% Male / 50% Female;
- 37% identified as Culturally Diverse; and
- 5% identified as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
We will always strive to ensure students from all backgrounds have an opportunity to attend the Summit. Within the delegate demographic, we will strive to achieve gender equity, indigenous participation and participation from culturally diverse individuals.