Delegate Applications for ACSS 2021
Delegate applications for ACSS 2021 are now open!
Prospective delegates will complete a written application and submit their current CV. The written application form will determine the applicant’s leadership potential, level of interest in Australia’s national security issues, career aspirations and eligibility. From all the applicants, a select pool will be interviewed via Zoom. Sixty will be chosen from this pool to attend the ACSS 2021 as Australia’s future national security leaders.
- Tertiary students currently studying at an Australian university in any State or Territory;
- 2nd year or above (postgraduates welcome to apply);
- Studying International Security Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, Law, Finance, Economics, Languages, Science, Arts, Media, Politics or a related discipline; and
- Harbours aspirations to become one of Australia’s future national security leaders.
- Ability to work in a team and in a collaborative environment;
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of effective team management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The ACSS will strive to ensure students from all backgrounds have an opportunity to attend the Summit. Within the delegate demographic, we will strive to achieve gender equity, indigenous participation and participation from culturally diverse individuals.
Tips for Submitting Your Application:
- We highly recommend applicants complete their applications on a laptop or desktop computer;
- If you are required to create a new user to complete an application form, you may be required to fill in each of the contact detail entry lines to proceed through the form. We apologise if this is an inconvenience for applicants;
- If you are not an ANU student and you are asked to provide an ANU email address, please just put your personal email instead;
- If you encounter any difficulties during the application process or require any further assistance, you may contact our tech support team via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5:00pm Tuesday the 13th April 2021.