We are looking for future leaders with a passion for national security, who wish to take on the enormous challenge that is the ACSS Summit week.
The ACSS in 2022 will provide delegates with an in-person experience that builds upon the success of our 2020 and 2021 Summits. We remain a forum for like-minded, passionate young Australians in their second year of university or above, who want to shape our nation’s security future, to build networks, expand their knowledge, and test their skills in challenging, realistic, and high-intensity crisis simulations. The annual Summit sees student, industry, and policy leaders across the nation converge to share in a ‘COVID-19 Safe,’ national security conference – headquartered at the Australian National University (ANU) – for 70 of Australia’s future national security leaders. The ACSS 2022 team is extremely excited to provide delegates and all involved a memorable and motivating challenge.
- Enrolled at an Australian University in 2022;
- 2nd year or above (postgraduate students are welcome to apply); and
- Studying International Security Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Languages, Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Arts, Media, Politics or a related discipline.
Team Application & Selection Process:
To nominate yourself for a delegate position, please submit the form above by COB on Wednesday the 20th of July; Following a review of the nominations by our ACSS 2022 Executive Team, you will be informed if you have progressed to the next round. Applicants will be interviewed for their positions in person for Canberra hubs and over Zoom for interstate hubs and the virtual hub.
Important Dates in the Selection Process:
Applications Close: COB on Sunday 31st July
Phase 2 of selection process begins: Wednesday 10th August
Phase 3 of selection process begins: Sunday 21st August
Acceptance Letters sent: Monday 12th September
ACSS 2022 Delegate Commitment:
- September 2022 – November 2022: Approx. 2 hours per week (mostly consisting of social and pre-Summit essential information and workshops)
- 5th – 9th December 2022 (Summit week): Full time