We are looking for hard working, committed team players to take on the enormous challenge of organising the next ACSS and leading our hubs across major cities in Australia in 2022!
In the ACSS’ efforts to extend the organisation to a national level, hubs across capital cities in Australia have been created. This is to facilitate interstate student participation without the need to be in-person in Canberra. A headquarters based at the ANU in Canberra will be linked to a critical mass of students across the country via teleconferencing, love streaming, the Conductrr crisis simulation software, virtual event management software, and other technologies.
- Enrolled at an Australian University in 2022 in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra (ANU students only), Sydney, Melbourne;
- 2nd year or above (postgraduate students are welcome to apply); and
- Studying International Security Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Languages, Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Arts, Media, Politics or a related discipline;
- Previous leadership and/or organisational experience is preferred, but not required.
Application Details – Please send the following information to [email protected]
- Cover Letter;
- Detailed leadership experience (STAR); and
- Detailed experience demonstrating adaptability (STAR).
ACSS 2022 Hub Coordinator Role Description:
- Communicate with delegates, through emails and other forums, leading up to, during the Summit and after the Summit;
- Assist the Delegate Experience team to research and reach out to prospective partners, sponsors and other stakeholders;
- Work alongside the Education and Research team to create panels, podcasts, and Crisis Responder articles;
- Monitor delegate welfare and wellbeing, particularly during the Summit;
- Organise events to facilitate mixing between delegates and professionals;
- Distribute and enforce ACSS policy documents;
- Assist the Media and Communications team in developing and distributing creative and professional marketing content;
- Providing general communications for marketing campaigns in local city;
- Organise in-person attendance at the ACSS Hub during the week, including catering and technology; and
- In consultation with the ACSS Delegate Experience team, select a Hub for the week of the Summit.
- June 2022 – October 2022: 5-7 hours per week
- November 2022: 15+ hours per week in lead-up to the Summit
- December 2022: 15+ hours per week in lead-up to the Summit, full-time in Summit Week (5th-9th)
- Following December: continual engagement with the ACSS team and any obligations that follow the Summit – Approx. 3-5 hours per week.